Sex Therapy Sacramento
Sex Therapists for Couples & Individuals
Want a better sex life?
Maybe you want help, but you feel nervous or embarrassed to discuss your problems.
If you are experiencing sexual problems, there is no need to feel embarrassed or ashamed!
As sex positive therapists in Sacramento, we work with both couples and individuals in a supportive and confidential setting.
You want to feel confident about your sexuality, body, performance and relationship.
Sex therapy can help.
Whether you are experiencing a new sexual problem or it’s something that you’ve been experiencing for decades, you are not alone.
We will listen to you with compassion to help you decrease anxiety and heal from past experiences.
We can also offer home exercises and suggestions which are backed by science to help you improve sexual problems.
What is Sex Therapy?
Sex Therapy in Sacramento for Couples and Individuals who:
- Want to reignite the passion in their relationship.
- Need help connecting to their own sexual desire, sexual style and sexual self-expression.
- Have problems with orgasm, performance anxiety, erectile dysfunction, or premature ejaculation.
- Experience pain during intercourse–sex should not be painful.
- Want help growing trust and intimacy in their relationship.
- Who feel shy and awkward with their sexuality (within a relationship or as an individual).
- Communicating your needs/working through communication problems (bickering about sex or avoiding sex).
- Mismatched or decreased levels of sexual desire.
- Would like non-shaming, sex-positive education you didn’t get in school.
- Are healing from trauma including relationship betrayal or sexual abuse.
Sex positive therapy with your therapist may include:
- Talking with your therapist about your concerns and getting clear on the focus for therapy as well the blocks which keep you from reaching your goals.
- Education on human sexuality.
- Support in communication problems
- Resources and exercises to practice at home, at your comfort level.
- Referrals to medical doctors or other practitioners as needed.
Professional therapy NEVER includes engaging in any sexual or physical intimate contact with the therapist.
Hi! I’m Megan, therapist and founder of Love Heal Grow Counseling.
We have worked with hundreds of couples and individuals in our community to improve their relationships. Sex is such an integral part of relationships and we think it’s important that we’re able to support our clients in their sexual well-being.
Our clients tell us they feel comfortable talking with us about topics that aren’t always easy to talk about — like sex. We’re glad to hear this because sex is a normal and important part of life. Sexual issues are very common and you don’t need to worry about surprising us with whatever is troubling you–we’ve heard everything.
Additionally, I want you to know that I’m a member of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists, working towards certification. Our therapists have advanced training in sexual issues that most therapists don’t get in grad school.
We look forward to hearing from you if you’d like to explore sex therapy.
We’re ready to help you enhance your sexual well-being.